Sunday, April 20, 2008

A wait 10 years long

I remember in the year 1996, a teacher, an essay, and a dream.

As a child years before that sometime 1987 or 88, I had been awed by the tall and striking skycrapers. The city was clean, and even has lush greenery in the midst of brick, glass and steel. We had seen the peacocks displaying their colourful fan-like tails at the Jurong Bird Park, taken a cable car ride to Sentosa Island, and visited one of the busiest airports, Changi International! Singapore was my real first memory of travel "abroad" as a family. In my childhood eyes, Singapore was such a beautiful place, so modern, different from the relative quietness and familiar Malacca.

Back in 1996, I had penned where I would see myself in 10 years time ahead. It was something my whole class had written, each teen with his own dreams penned down. One of my dreams - to work in Singapore, the place that caught my childhood mind.

God not forgetting my hopes; in 2005, I have been blessed and am still working in Singapore. And here I am, as I write this post :)

Dreams do come true..

3 comments:

oceanskies79 said...

Congratulations to your dreams come true. I believe you have put it the efforts to have it realised. :)

perantau said...

Thanks Ocean Skies, i also believe that what we think & focus on, we attract :)

nice meeting you btw!

Unknown said...

now that's a dream come true alrite. better enjoy singapore! hehe